Friday 16 September 2016

10 day blog challenge. Day 6: Finding your tribe.



What sort of person am I?

I like to think I am ambitious, full of ideas, quite positive, love going to networking events and Ibiza (poles apart, right?), love anything to do with the law of attraction, health and crystals. Also a massive marvel fan, into everything Disney and a first generation Craig David fan.




You might be thinking what has this got to do with ANYTHING?

Well the problem I have with finding a tribe is that I rarely find people that are into what I am into.

Weird, right?

As I think I have such a wide range of interests it should be easy to find a (tribe) group of people that have some similar interests??

Well, no, it’s not and I’ll tell you why.

Because in order to meet the said people I have to be vibrating on the same frequency as them and I know that looking from previous results I am not. (But it’s something that I am working on).

This is really important not just for social reasons but also for career progression and ambition, as you only grow as far as the five people you surround yourself with the most. Look around you. Your five closest friends/acquaintances/family members that you spend majority of your time are likely to average out with the same income, same level of career progression, similar relationship/relationship history, go to the same places, likely to have the same goals and so forth. As the saying goes: Birds of a feather flock together!! So you need to be around people that inspire you and help you to grow as a person (advice to myself also) otherwise years and years will go by and everyone will still be in the same place.

So how can you grow with people that are technically on the same level as you? Technically you need another missing ingredient, people that are where you want to be. Now these people may also be in your tribe and therefore you might not need to go out looking for them. However, most if not all of us need to seek out the use of a mentor that has been through the trials and tribulations that we have or might go through in the future.


For myself Peter Sage would be the perfect business mentor as he is what I feel is a serial entrepreneur, self-made millionaire, has a wealth of knowledge about the health and wellness industry, does motivational speaking events, is trained by Tony Robbins, from the UK (although he now lives in Dubai) and I could go on. Everything that he does really resonates with me and what my future goals are and from listening to many of his audios he knows how to inspire through educating without bias or being too OTT.


What would I ask Peter Sage if I met him today?

The funniest thing is that I have already met him. The first time I was volunteering at a top seminar in London he helped to organise and fund, he gave us a ton of his free audios and personal development books. However, I did not know what I know now and didn’t take the opportunity while it was there!! So given another chance I would ask him:

·         ‘How did you get over the feeling of having to be certain about everything before he took risks or made decisions?’

·         ‘Do you feel that the world of entrepreneurship is different for women and different ethnic groups?’ (As he is Caucasian and male)

·         ‘What are your 3 top tips for someone under 30 starting out their business?’

·         ‘How can you use the internet/social media to create great business success?’

·         ‘What are the first steps in becoming a motivational speaker?’

·         ‘Who inspires you daily?’

I could go on and on in a whole interview with Peter Sage but I would love for him to be my business mentor, it would be like a dream come true!!



No comments:

Post a Comment